Membership Course (4 MCE Credits)
Friday, May 18, 2012
9:00am–1:00pm Registration 8:30 am
Dr. Harold Edelman
Dr. Edelman was in an active practice for 32 years and a consultant in infection control for 14 years. He provided infection control services and programs for over 800 dental offices. Dr. Edelman is certified by OSHA to teach “Voluntary Compliance in the Private Sector” and “Biohazards” and has been retained as an expert witness in multiple cases of litigation alleging disease transmission in a dental facility and has been involved in 71 OSHA inspections of dental offices to date.
SO…WHAT’S NEW IN INFECTION CONTROL?
As we all know, dentistry has a very low risk of disease transmission. However, implementation of appropriate infection control protocols is considerably more important and has greater impact today than in previous times. Evidence based studies and statistics verify this! Folks….It’s no the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s anymore. We are living in a different, more aggressive microbial world today! The “Golden Age” of antibiotics has passed. Having Consequences for failure to comply with an OSHA Regulation of CDC guidelines will likely never happen in your office but have happened to some of our colleagues. We will tell you about some of these.
So…having said all this let us bring you up to date on those issues getting the most attention today in our professional journals and by our regulator agencies.
If you have been to our courses in the past then you know Dr. Edelman will address only the clinically relevant issues and leave the rest to the researchers and scientists. FOLKS….WE REALLY DON’T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME, and we must be doing something right because over the past ten years we’ve been coming around to your state, more and more of you are coming back to us for your updates.
- Hand hygiene…boy, do we need help!
- So….what about swine flue?
- More importantly, the seasonal flu
- Proper coughing/sneezing etiquette
- Higher risk patients out there today, you should be a little more concerned about exposure incidents. Statistics verify this
- Are you following proper disinfecting guidelines…we’ve had in dentistry a documented case of Hepatitus B transmission….inappropriate disinfection appears to be the culprit
- Dental aerosols…yuk!
- Updated OSHA compliance directives that is relevant to us.]
- OSHA, CDC, State Boards of Examiners…please clear up the fog!
NCDS Members and Associate Members: $85.00
ADA Members: $85.00
Non-ADA Members: $225.00